Re: Gearbox filler plug?

To: "Dean Rayner" <deanr@saville.co.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox filler plug?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:28:18 -0700
Problem -- Spitfires and ramps don't mix.  You'll scrape the front or rear
valance.  Instead, jack up the car an equal amount in the front and rear;
put on jack stands.  Slide under with your gear oil (with a handy pump
dispenser screwed into the container).  Remove the plug (it's easy).  Insert
the poly tubing into the hole.  Slowly pump fluid until is starts to drip
back out of the hole.  Let the excess drip out.  Put the plug back in.
Don't over tighten it, but make certain that it's well seated.  Take your
car off the jackstands.  You're done.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"