Replacing sway bar bushings on a Spit

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing sway bar bushings on a Spit
From: Jambone <jambone6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:36:41 -0700 (PDT)
I have a broken sway bar mounting bracket that I'm having welded.  So
while I have the sway bar off, I thought I'd replace the links and the
bushings.  I've read all the good stuff about the poly bushings and I
plan to use those.

How will I slide those bushings over the bends in the sway bar?  I've
heard from another spit owner that it can be quite difficult (an auto
shop couldn't press them on).  He resorted to cutting the bushings, so
that they had a "C" shaped cross-section.  Any tips or pointers for you
experiences?

Feel free to email me privately.

Thanks,
Brian Hill