Re: tires

To: david <engstrom@tstonramp.com>
Subject: Re: tires
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:58:52 -0700
David,
Where are you going to get those P44's?  Last year, I broke the cord in one of
the set of P44's that I had on my Spit and when I took
it to the Pirelli dealer, he informed me they have not been made in over 10
years.  The replacements are typically P400's which I
purchased for the front of my SPit.  I still have a pair of P44's on the rear
and a spare tire from the original set.

The P400's are not as radical a tread as the 44's and appear to be more for
touring rather than performance.  They are also a bit
narrower in the patch than the P44's.

Let me know if there is still someone selling new P44's.

Regards,
Joe Curry