tires

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: tires
From: david <engstrom@tstonramp.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 19:14:57 -0700
     Well, I have a set of pirelli p44's on 4.5 inch stock rims on my
1979 spitfire and I am happy with their performance. They are stiffer
than the cheaper korean tires of the same size that I had tried. They
are not as stiff as the 205/60's on 6 inch rims that I had on the car
but they are satisfactory. I would recomend them to anyone looking for
tires to be mounted on stock rims; they don't rub and they are very
close to stock diameter. Your milage may very but I am happy with them.
Joe and others have indicated that there is a problem finding them but
at my local "Tire Pros dealer" I was told that they are still being
produced and that they have no shortage of them. The manager also told
me that availability of some tire models varies regionally  I am in San
Dimas, CA. The managers name is George at (909) 599-6754.
     I hope this helps everyone concerned with what tires work, It has
been a hassle for me to find satisfactory tires but all has worked out
in the end. Now, who's got a rear axle/hub assembly with good bearings
they would be willing to part with? Or a source for the hub puller? I
can't find info about the hub puller on the Triumph club page that
everyone talks about as being a source of a churchill replica hub
puller.

Thanks, David