Gaining confidence / moral dilemma

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gaining confidence / moral dilemma
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:33:28 -0700
Greetings all.  I just completed an exhilerating early evening rip through
the backroads of Northern San Diego.  Narrow, wo lane highways all the way;
barely any traffic in either direction; very little development; lots of
wide open spaces, hairpin turns, mountain roads, valley roads with oak tree
canopies above, the smell of grass, cows, jasmine, etc. (I definitely
preferred the jasmine).  As I drive my car more, the more confidence I'm
gaining -- and the harder I push for performance.  I was doing 40 MPH on 25
MPH curves, lots of downshifting, heel and toe, revving up to just a bit
past 5,000 RPM -- that sort of thing.  Really, REALLY enjoying myself.

I arrived home feeling absolutely energized and relaxed at the same time.
Wonderful feeling.  Now, I'm wondering if it's such a wise thing to do -- to
push a 33-year-old car so hard.  It sure feels good -- but am I asking for
trouble?  Whaddya think?

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW, (but STARVING FOR POSTS!!) Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!