Re: Re: Anti-Thief Devices!!!

To: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Subject: Re: Re: Anti-Thief Devices!!!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, Jun 22 2000 16:24:52 GMT-0600
>  To add to that:
>
> 5. Not too many people knows how to put our Spitfire
>    into reverse.  Just park it so who ever wants to
>    steal the car has to back it out.

Too true!

The first time I took the spitty in to have the oil changed, the guys at my
neighbourhood Jiffy Lube couldn't get it in reverse-heck! they could barely
move it forward!

Add to this list that most people can't figure out how to open the bonnet!
Starting with the Jiffy Lube guys that first visit and ending with the AAA tow
truck drivers!

Added to the fact that my piece of crap '93 Nissan is more likely to be stolen
and chopped up for parts long before my beautifully restored Spitfire-and it's
worth more too! Who's going to steal a car that they can't open the bonnet, get
into reverse or even figure out WHAT type of car it is!?

My car is open all the time-a lesson I learned after having my tonneau slashed
and a favourite jacket stolen-whilst the police sat across the street! And
because of the previously listed reasons...I don't even remove the face plate
off my radio anymore! THe first night I had the car-I forgot and left the keys
in the ignition! The worst that anyone will do to it is vandalize it-but
stealing it is way down on the list! When I take the Nissan to L.A. for the
night or a weekend-I worry! When I take the Spitfire-I sleep easier!

And I live in the Van Nuys of Costa Mesa! (Ok, so they might steal the exhaust
off it.) But, mostly they're soooo uninterested in it-but they eye that Nissan!

I love the irony!

Laura G. and Nigel-in and of himself an anti-theft device!