Re: Anti-Thief Devices!!!

To: wmmk1@informatics.net, owner-spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Anti-Thief Devices!!!
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:33:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/0 2:04:57 PM, wmmk1@informatics.net wrote:

<<
Geesh, You people must live in high crime areas!!??
I don't even know if my ignition key is removable, it
stays in there all the time!! Why??
1. Not many people know what a manual choke is and
it won't start without pulling it out!!
2. Not a whole lot of people know what a clutch is and
wouldn't know how to change gears!!
3. They would have a very hard time selling it, not every-
one will fit inside it!!
4. On a quick deal, they wouldn't get enough out of it
for a small drug fix!! Hee, Hee.  Bill

Now I'm curious.  The crime rate here isn't excessively high, but, 1) 80%
know what a choke is, 2) 100% KNOW what a clutch is but don't necessarily
know who to change gears smoothly (but they can change them once they get
going), and 3) I'd think my car would be worth more than $5, I'd cry if it
wasn't.  Where do you live again?
    Michael (smack dab in the middlr of L.A.)