Re: Re: Anti-Thief Devices!!!

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Anti-Thief Devices!!!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, Jun 22 2000 18:53:35 GMT-0600
>Now I'm curious.  The crime rate here isn't excessively high, but, 1) 80%
>know what a choke is,

I go to A LOT of car shows and car related activities and I would say that only
10% ever look at my choke and say,'Oh, manual choke!' And I'm talking mostly
about LBC owners! Most of 'em look and say,'What's that?'

2) 100% KNOW what a clutch is but don't necessarily
>know who to change gears smoothly (but they can change them once they get
>going),

I read a few months ago an article about how few manual transmissions are being
sold in the US now. (The majority of manuals being sold in Italy-and to people
like my old roomie-an Italian- and me.) But, then again, we're both over 40!

and 3) I'd think my car would be worth more than $5, I'd cry if it
>wasn't.

I know that my car is worth more than $5. But, I also see my neighbours eyeing
the Nissan and ignoring the Spitfire.

I guess it'a a good thing that they call me "gringa loca" and "Crazy Bitch!"

>Where do you live again?

I live in 92627-the Van Nuys of Costa Mesa-not 92626-the nice, part.

>    Michael (smack dab in the middlr of L.A.)

Like I said-I hate to take the NIssan to L.A.-it's worth more chopped up! A
target. But, I don't mind taking the Spitfire to L.A.-they look-sometimes, but
no one touches.

(I LOVE L.A.!!!!!! Always have.-Off topic, but had to get it out! )

Laura G.