Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:03:42 -0400
Maryland's been that way for decades.  Theoretically this isn't the case, but
good luck at fighting it.  I've paid more in taxes for some vehicles then I
actually paid for the vehicle itself.  :-(

>>> "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net> 07/27 9:41 PM >>>

The hot news here in Washington (the state) is that "use tax" (a form of sales
tax paid when you first transfer title of a car as the result of a sale) on
cars sold between private parties will no longer be based on what the actual
sales price was if that amount is below the value listed in the state-approved
"red book."