Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Subject: Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:36:01 +0000
Well, I for one think that taxes for used cars are absurd.  Think about it, the
thing is taxed at a very high rate when it is first
sold and then every time it is resold the government gets its finger in the pie
again.  It is rediculous.

In Washington state, if you move there and bring a car into the state, you are
again charged Washington sales tax on the estimated
value of the vehicle even if you just paid it in another state.

The government must love the auto industry!  :)

Joe