Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, <OHFASTONE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:48:09 -0400
Joe, here in Virginia we pay a personel property tax on our cars "EVERY
YEAR", (4.86 per 100.00), 10.00 for a title, plus a county sticker 20.00,
plus a state tag 28.50., plus 15.00 for state inspection, plus 20.00 for
emission, if your car is over 25 years old and you have registered it as a
classic, then tags are 6.50 for life, but a lot of restrictions apply as to
usage, not strictly enforced. Yes every year.  "FT"

Well, I for one think that taxes for used cars are absurd.  Think about it,
the thing is taxed at a very high rate when it is first
> sold and then every time it is resold the government gets its finger in
the pie again.  It is rediculous.

> In Washington state, if you move there and bring a car into the state, you
are again charged Washington sales tax on the estimated