Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)

To: <OHFASTONE@aol.com>, <tboicey@brit.ca>, <root@abingdon>
Subject: Re: BIZARRE LAWS (all cars)
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:59:01 -0400

A few years back we had this happen in our local Mustang club, the owner
just added his newly restored 68 Mustang to his regular insurance policy,
car was involved in a total loss, his insurance wanted to settle for 2K, the
owner sued the insurance company claiming he had paid 15K for the car and
that was the value which he would settle for, the judge agreed with the
insurance company on the 2K figure because the owner had stated on his DMV
form he bought the car for 1K and paid the state that amount of tax for his
registration, now DMV is after the guys license for filing a false
application after he had signed the state form saying "ALL" the information
contained is "ACCURATE".  Truth only hurts for a little while when and if
you get caught.  "FT"