Re: Advice on removing Pulley Nut

To: "Craig Smith" <CraigS@iewc.com>, "'John Cave'" <cavej@mcmaster.ca>,
Subject: Re: Advice on removing Pulley Nut
From: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:19:39 -0400
I found that a 1 7/16 inch socket attached to a breaker bar works
nicely. Chock the wheels, put the car in gear, and just start
hammering at the breaker bar. It may take a bit, but the bolt
eventually started moving for me. Also, it helps if you get the engine
to the point of its compression stroke. The pulley and crankshaft
won't move as much in this position. Hope this helps!

Steve