Re: On MailList politics and knowing who's ones friends are...

To: Laura.G@141.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: On MailList politics and knowing who's ones friends are...
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:11:12 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/00 1:06:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Laura.G@141.com
writes:

> I have had a very interesting-if negative-exchange of emails tonight with
> someone you all know. It has been brought to my attention that, well for
lack
> of better words, I am being laughed at behind my back for statements that I
> have made about my car.

What????  Are there some guys running around with a bit of testosterone
poisoning going through them. Smeg heads you must be those guys I see walking
around wearing  "SHOW ME YOUR TITS" tee shirts on.

> And that if I want to rectify matters, I should take
> part in the autocross at Triumphest. (Even though I don't care at all for
> autocross.)

And so you shouldn't. Hey piss ants, if the girl don't wanna race why should
she. She likes the car and she has it taken care of.

>  Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that many of you who are
> snickering at me behind my back because there is a feeling that I am the
> guillible victim of Dave.

A little more testosterone problem here guys. If you don't have first hand
knowledge then keep your snapper shut. At a Jag concours Saturday a car
owners wife was asked what color the Jag was that she was sitting in. She had
no clue. Snicker about that.

>  (snip) And if Dave is such a shister, victimizing me-why I
> have I never paid for a car repair? Why has he been a good friend to me?
(And
> no, I am not sleeping with him.)

I suppose I should make a comment but I am getting a little tooooo f***ing
pissed.

>  Now, it has been suggested that the people I have met who felt this way -
> either from the Spitfire list or independently of the Spitfire list have
said
> they were impressed to curry friendship with me and/or didn't know anything
> to begin with. I would like to believe that the friendship and comraderie
was
> genuine. The knowledge, I am certain of.

yoooo hooooo my hand is up and waving, count me as a friend. Like I said in
an earlier post, "To bad your on the left coast and I'm on the right."

>  I will not be goaded into a competition-especially a competition I don't
> enjoy participating in (autocross.)

Then don't. You drive it and enjoy it and have some knowledge about its
operation that's enough.

>  I came here on this List because of 20 year love affair I've had with
> Spitfires-(32 years, if you count that I saw my first Spitfire at 9 years
old
> and have followed them ever since.) To find other of like minds. I didn't
> come here to be insulted and to have my friends insulted.
>
>  I am vastly hurt at the thought that people I had come to regard as
friends-
> even through email-would be snickering at me behind my back; would merely
be
> saying,'Yes, nice car!' to curry my friendship. I cannot say someplace
where
> it has been made painfully obvious people are so disrespectful-and where I
> would have to take everything from here on out with a grain a salt i.e.-'is
> so and so saying this nice thing because he's sucking up but is really
> snickering at me with other listers behind my back?' I have enough stress
and
> health problems in my life.

Again.... Yoooo Hooooo my hand is up and waving, count me as a friend.

>  Thank you all for your kind help. I wish you all the best. Anyone who
would
> wish to contact me off the list is welcome to-but,

I will.....

>I won't be subscribing
> anymore.

I'll have to consider that also. I thought this was a group of grown "men"
(and one or more girls) not testosterone poisoned adolescents. I was on the
Triumph list but left after being flamed for sending in jokes. There's more
to life guys than grease nuts bolts and oil.

>  To those who've been kind and sincere-thank you. I do hope we might
continue
> off list. For those of you who have been insincere and snickering behind my
> back-and I am told there's quite a few-you know who you are-and shame on
you.

"Shame on you"  Kid, I think that's a bit too polite. Its probably the same
kind of guys I remember who were always grabbing at them self's and saying
"Penis..... Tits" and snickering like it was manly stuff.