Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:44:42 -0400
Jeff McNeal wrote:

> Points taken.  Thanks for an intelligent discussion on the topic.  I don't
> know if anyone else enjoyed it, but I did.  Still, I don't think I can bring
> myself to consider putting a Korean transmission in my LBC.

  I would have considered it if I didn't just spend a small fortune
to buy an OD tranny I haven't yet installed.

  The car that keeps me on this list is actually a Midget 1500, which
shares engine and tranny with the Spitfire 1500. So obviously
the tranny swap was of great interest to me, the Midget 1500 is
just as undergeared as the spit. (or worse, mine is an early
1500 with the 3.9 rear end)

  I would have considered the hyundai, since some mods are
required to install the overdrive in my car, I might as well
go into uncharted territory. But oh well, the cheque has
already cleared. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca