Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: "Spitfire (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:02:55 -0400
As I recall.... the Pony was designed by Datsun but they did not build it.
Hyundai did (presumably after buying the design) and sold it in here in
Canada for almost half the price of what other sub-compacts were going for.
Many years later Hyundai was found guilty of "dumping" (selling below cost)
but by that time it had developed a market presence and dealership network.

The Pony's rusted early but that, of course, has little to do with the
drivetrain.

There.  That's my two cents worth.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario