Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:05:42 -0400
My only comment is that the Pony is basically indestructible (They didn't
make it to the States, did they?) - being a former owner, I'd compare it to
a Land-Rover:  You have to keep it tuned, but it willl never let you down if
you do! They do, however, start rusting as soon as the humidity gets above
like 10%.

PLUS, these trannies are available for like $50-$100 used, and my car is run
on an extremely tight budget (I have under $2000 cdn. into it over the past
8 years, including purchasing it, and I put about 15,000 miles on it a year)
so I am absolutely NOT going to be putting an o/d tranny in it.  I don't
have the cash, but I have the ability to make something else fit!

Luke Lewis
'71 Spit - "Fireball"
London, Ont. Canada

> Considering that the Pony's are thought of to be the dogs -- and that the
> Pony transmission seems to be the one that supposedly fits on a
Spitfire --