Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:26:21 -0700
Considering that the Pony's are thought of to be the dogs -- and that the
Pony transmission seems to be the one that supposedly fits on a Spitfire --
it would appear that even if the transmission fits -- it wouldn't be worth
all the time and trouble of attempting the conversion, since the
transmission would likely fail as quickly as a stock version.

In other words, no net gains over a standard Spitfire O/D transmission
whatsoever.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
The Vintage Spitfire Forum -- moderated and friendly
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/spitforum.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!