Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:16:38 -0400
"Simmons, Reid W" wrote:

> Joe has a good point.  There was a time only a few years ago when many banks
> would not issue a car loan on a Hyundai due to their exceptionally poor
> quality (thousands of disgruntled owners would eventually just walk away
> from these troublesome cars and let the banks reposes them).

  The Pony-era Hyundais were pretty lousy.

  The Excel-era Hyundais were decent.

  The modern Hyundais (Accent, Tiburon) are very nicely done and
phenomenal value for money. They really did turn it around, much
like Japan did over the 60s and early 70s.

  If the transmission comes from any semi-recent Hyundai, it'll
probably go forever.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca