Engine rebuild

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine rebuild
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:19:29 -0600
Greetings, fellow listers,

I'm starting to think about the needed rebuild of my 1500 engine.  It's been
a long time since I rebuilt an engine, and never a British one.  I've
decided to leave the motor stock.  I'm looking for opinions as to whether I
should replace just the pieces that are out of spec, or go further.
Spitbits has a complete rebuild kit that includes just about everything but
the block, head, cam, and crank.  Is this the way to go, or can I be more
selective in what I replace?  Money is an issue (of course) but I want this
engine done right.  I plan to do as much of it myself as possible.  I'll
farm out the nasty stuff to my friendly lbc machine shop.  Any thoughts,
tips, tricks, or horror stories will be appreciated.

BillG
74 Spit in need of motorvation
71 GT6 in need of more than that