Re: warning light and alternator

To: "John Hobson" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: warning light and alternator
From: "eyp_jl" <eyp_jl@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:57:39 -0800
It is easy to replace the coil but I suspect the voltage regulator, probably
a zener diode, is getting loose (bad solder connection since the problem is
intermittent) and should be fixed first. If the voltage is too high then the
secondary/high voltage will be higher also and may be breaking down the
insulation and shorting to ground causing the hi - rev miss.This could be at
the coil, the HT wire to the Distributor, thedistributor cap, the HT wires
to the plugs or the plugs themselves. Fix the over voltage problem first
then worry about the coil if you still have problems.