Re: DIY painting

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: DIY painting
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 08:53:16 -0700
Emamel is probably easier if you don't have any runs.  But it is easier to get
rund with it.  The paint will dry to a much brighter finish than
lacquer.

Lacquer, on the other hand dries almost immediately, so it is easier to keep it
from running .  But it does not dry to a very bright finish and
therefore will take much more finish work to get it to a high luster finish.

But the comparison may be moot because many places have outlawed acrylic
lacquer.

Regards,
Joe