Re: Tight brake hub

To: "D T Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Tight brake hub
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:30:47 -0700
Dave,

My guess is that your brake adjuster on the tight side is binding, creating
too much friction between your new pads and your drum.  Even though you
loosened it all you could, my guess is that it's loaded with crud that
prevented it from opening up fully.

When I rebuilt my brakes, I removed the adjusters, took them apart, cleaned
with brake cleaner and lubed with white lithium grease.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi