Re: Tight Brake Hub

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tight Brake Hub
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:53:13 -0400
>From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>

>In an ideal world, I'd agree with that.  But we're talking SPITFIRES
>here!!!

I certainly can't disagree with that!  B-)

>I have in fact found it necessary to adjust the front cable to adjust
>where the handbrake grabs.

We're probably saying the same thing in different ways.  To tie it
back to the original question and response, the point is that you
have to make sure the rear brakes are properly adjusted before playing
with the handbrake adjustment.  Otherwise when the shoes are replaced,
the lack of handbrake slack could conceivably prevent the drum from
being re-fitted.

Cheers!

Greg Rowe

PS  I noticed that I want to type "brakes" as "breaks".  I'm at
work; am I giving myself a subliminal message to take a break?
Think I will!