stripping a plastic grill

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: stripping a plastic grill
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:23:16 -0500
Hi everyone,
here's a question some of you may have some experience with.
I'm trying to remove a layer of old green paint from the plastic grill of the
GT6. I'm afraid to use chemical stripper for the obvious reasons. Sanding it
down may scratch the plastic.
Hmmm....... what's the best way to go about this???
When the car was painted, they just sprayed the entire thing, didn't bother
masking too much. Unbelievable, what some people do for a quick paint job.
Thanks in advance for any advise that you may have.
Cheers
Liv

Nass member # 90
76 MK3 Spit
70 GT6+
64 Mk1 Spit [mostly Mk 3...smiling and waiting for rescue]