Re: stripping a plastic grill

To: "Douglas Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: stripping a plastic grill
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:09:00 -0500
Hello, Jim, Terry, and Doug,
thanks for all the tips.
My 70 GT6 + has the original bonnet. Unfortunately, the grill is not
aluminums, someone has replaced it with a plastic version. This grill will fit
the GT6+ and also the Mk3 Spit.
I think, I'll test on a small area and see if I can get the paint off with any
'safe' stripper, I'll shop around to find something claiming to be safe on
plastic.
That would be test number one. If I can't go that route, I'll lightly sand
with a fine grid of sand paper, again testing, to see if how it'll sand... If
all else fails, I'll try to find a new grill.
 Also have to find a grill for my rather 'insane' purchase of an Mk1 Spit with
a Mk3 body[ same type of grill as the one I'm working on right now.........I
don't know if the egg crate grill would fit any of these cars.
Thanks, back into the garage for me. It's one of those rainy days where the
garage is the best place to be.
Cheers
Liv