Re: anti-roll bar

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: anti-roll bar
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:16:30 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The simplest and probably the cheapest solution is a 2nd hand standard
factory
bar. It is pretty much right if you have standard springs and shocks.

If you have stiffer & lower front sprints and stiffer shocks (heavier oil
and/or uprated
valves), then you might be better off with a 5/8 bar. Any more than that is
only
suitable on a racecar where you have also done something about the rear end.
Too much sway bar will just result in chronic understeer.

Now is it worthwhile? Depends on your driving and your roads. If you travel
over lots of
loose surfaces (dirt/gravel roads), skip the bar. It you drive over smooth,
tight and twisty
roads it is a major improvement. You can interpolate for other conditions.

Mike