Re: anti-roll bar

To: <CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: anti-roll bar
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:31:45 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I use the 2.5 degrees neg camber on my rally bugeye
("Redcar" http://www.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg/cars/redcar.htm). 2.5 degrees
is a pretty reasonable all-round setup.

I use it on the road for club drives and the like as well as for
competition.

In my experience the slightly increased inside wear is more than
compensated by much less wear on the outside edge. Other folk
in our club (AHSDC http://www.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/cars/ahsdc.htm)
use the same setup on daily drivers and report no noticable detrimental
effects. For competition only, you could use about 5 degrees neg camber
depending on which brand of tyre... (the Yokohama guys recommend
at least 5 degrees for racing use!)

Mike