Re: fuel tank cleaner

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, samesq@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: fuel tank cleaner
From: Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:29:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
By fuel tank cleaner I assume you mean a two part etchant/sealer product.

I used the fuel tank kit from JC Whitney to clean and coat the inside of the
tank for my '68 Saab.  I am very pleased with the results.  The etchant is just
dilute acid (of the type that has been discussed under the RUST thread) and the
coating is a two part MEK based thick paint.  Just make sure to blow out the
gas pickup and vents with air _before_ this stuff sets up.

My guess is that the Moss kit is the same stuff.