Re: Positive Ground

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Positive Ground
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:09:25 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/15/99 11:23:04 PM, tob@taltec.net writes:

<< I'm sure there are ways to jimmy a modern radio into thinking all is well
on a
positive ground vechilcle. I imagine you would have to isolate it from the
frame of
the vehicle (tricky) and switch power wires on it. >>

Toby,

Yes indeed.  We did that with one of our cars.  Building and isolated mount
was not a big problem, just keep positive to positive and negative to negative
on the wiring.  But be careful of the antenna, it has to float also!!!  Of
course this was in the days of fire in glass (vacuum tube) radio's. :-):-)

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)