Re: Positive Ground

To: Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Positive Ground
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:30:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have done this also.  There is another problems with the constant pos.
connection on newer stereos for the station memory etc.
To properly hook this up, you need to install a relay since the radio
wants a permanent and a switched (+), but what you have to work with is a
permanent and a switched (-).

Ulix

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 Bkitterer@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/15/99 11:23:04 PM, tob@taltec.net writes:
>
> << I'm sure there are ways to jimmy a modern radio into thinking all is well
> on a
> positive ground vechilcle. I imagine you would have to isolate it from the
> frame of
> the vehicle (tricky) and switch power wires on it. >>
>
> Toby,
>
> Yes indeed.  We did that with one of our cars.  Building and isolated mount
> was not a big problem, just keep positive to positive and negative to negative
> on the wiring.  But be careful of the antenna, it has to float also!!!  Of
> course this was in the days of fire in glass (vacuum tube) radio's. :-):-)
>
> Bob and Annice
> 1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9