Re: Manifold for a Fish Carb?

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Manifold for a Fish Carb?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:19:20 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/14/99 5:15:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

<< Its not that, Jay--it is the setting of a bid at a good and fair level
that
 is high bid for 3-4 days, right up to minutes before expiration, then to
have
 some guy who has sat and watched it come in in the last few seconds and
 outbid anything put up.  I would like another chance to bid, just like at a
 real auction where the bidding isnt over till its over.  Many times I have
no
 idea what something is really worth--the idea of an auction to a buyer is to
 buy at lowest dollar.  I am very experienced at real auctions, and that is
 the way it is.

 I have pretty much decided to do the same as these guys--to lurk and wait
 till the last second, if I am not at work, to cast my lot.  If it is
expiring
 while I am at work,then I will offer my highest dollar and hope it works.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't think that will work, David.  The bids aren't posted in real time, as
they happen.  I have bid on items and received an e-mail saying that I was
out-bid by another bidder, but at a much higher price than the one showing on
the web site.  You almost have to put in proxy bids to get what you want.  If
you wait until the last few minutes, you are in for a surpeise.

I suppose that different people look at auctions in different ways.  Some are
looking for a rare part at a bargain, some like the game of bidding.  If you
are in it for the game, you should stick to real auctions.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport