Re: Cars

To: midgetman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Cars
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:18 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
midgetman@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I herd of this internet space and finaly found it. i want to get into midgets
>and need to know everything. Is this the place? What about engines? I want the
>biggest one. What will it be? Someone told me to think about Sprites too, but
>I think a midgets better. I dont have lots of money but figure I can get
>something cheap and work on it. What are some good books? Who fixes these
>things? Is one guy better than the other? What about clubs? Is there a club
>for midgets? Do they have a book? Are they on the internet? Wheres the best
>oplkace to find a car? Spring is coming nd I am excited. Rex

Watch out for a car with rust.  It is much harder to fix a rusty car then one
with
mechanical problems.  If you pay someone to fix the body costs can be high to
replace sills
and panels.  What I am trying to say is buy the best body that you can afford.
Rust
is a killer.  If this is a second car you can fix the mechanical as you go and
it
won't matter if it is off the road for a couple of days or a week.  But scan the
achives
and see what you should be looking for when it comes to finding rust on a car,
rust that
is hidden, repairs that try to hide rust.  And after you buy the car you will
find things
that are wrong that you did not see while inspecting the car.  So go look during
the day
and if you think it is not a good deal, pass there is always another one
coming.

I am not trying to scare you, but to open your eyes.  Sometimes when I want
something it
is hard to see.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget