Re: NOS Parts including a NEW NOS Factory bonnet

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: NOS Parts including a NEW NOS Factory bonnet
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:24:05 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike, You just sent this.

>Crash,
>     Yes, this is the same bonnet we talked about before.  You called it a
>British Heritage replacement, I didn't.

A quick search of the archive turns up your message of 5 OCT 99 (included at
the end of this message) that states " If anyone is interested, I have a
freind who is selling an NOS Bugeye
bonnet.  It was manufactured by the British Motor Heritage in 1988".

 Your words not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 He got it at a Moss parking lot sale,
>and that's really all I know about it, except I have seen it and see NO
>difference in the bonnet on my 60.

    This is the new version, in which you didn't claim it to be BMH.  It
seems that somehow a BMH replacement bonnet has now became a NOS BMC one.
Hey no big deal BMC, BMH should be close enough for anybody, after all it
looks like a NOS part right.
        Anyway he is getting closer to my $500 offer.  I noticed also that
the small dent is now gone.  Maybe next time when the bonnet becomes a truly
rare pre-production one-off prototype I could go as high as $600. I'm sorry
Mike that if my replies about NOS parts offend you.  Next time I promise to
let the suckers find out for themselves.  Last time I thought you just
didn't know the difference, I'm not sure what to think this time.
        Crash