Re: TR6 ZS needle adjustment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 ZS needle adjustment
From: pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu (Peter Barrance)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 09:45:03 -0500
First off, thanks to Mr.'s Riggs, Meboe, Paisley, and Jesup for helping me
out. Much appreciated!

Here are some more thoughts and questions.

>        I can't help with the mixture adjustment via the needle - my car
>('70) is from that wonderful time with no jet adjustment AND no needle
>adjustment.  Don't you just love it?
>--
>Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D
>Randell.Jesup@scala.com

Hmm. Well mine's a '71, build date Oct. 70. After going back to the
Bentley's last night, I did notice that there is a note above the mixture
adjustment section which reads something like "Not applicable to early
carburettors". Is there a possibility that I really don't have that
adjustment either? It certainly doesn't seem too effective. I will also
check if they need re-engaging, per Scott Paisley's advice. Are these what
Kevin is talking about below? I've pretty well ruled out air leaks, by the
way, by plugging off the various vacuum pipes on the carbs, and by hosing
down the manifold and carb junctions with carb cleaner while it's running.

>If this doesn't clear up your problem, contact Scott Paisley
>(paisley@boulder.nist.gov) who can work out a fantastic trade of your broken
>adjustable carbs for a mint set of *fixed-needle carbs*.  Scott's rates are
>very low, and he can probably make this exchange quite inexpensively.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Kevin Riggs
>'72 TR6
>rkriggs@ingr.com
>Huntsville, AL

As far as the air trim-screws, I thought those were something that were
just progressively turned inward as the motor ages, until fully blocked
off. They were in fact about a full turn out on my carbs though.