Re: Smog tests

To: rvince00@counsel.com
Subject: Re: Smog tests
From: ingate@horizon.com (Shane Ingate)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 95 21:47:58 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Having been through this painful process in S. Calif, I can vouch
for its authenticity.

However, I have heard that change (at least in S. Cal.) is afoot.
I have heard that a) assuming car does pass visual (and MOST *smoggers*
will renig on this because they have never seen a lbc), that b)
if a car fails smog, a waiver is issued.  When inspection is due
2 years later and the *waived* car agin fails smog, then the car is
not issued with another waiver.  Indeed, registration is refused on
this (smelly) car until it subsequently passes smog.

This is my understanding.  Could someone confirm, please?

Thanks,

Shane Ingate
San Diego