RE: Smog tests

To: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Subject: RE: Smog tests
From: thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us (Thomas J Howard)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:28:36 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
It is not about Smog.   This program is about comerce.   More trade for the
tradesman.   Greater economic up turn.   If you figure that there are about
50 million cars in California and that each year half of those need a smog
check and that each smog check is $25  + $7 certificate + $90 average "repair"

(25 + 7 + 90) x 25,000.000 = $3,050,000,000 annual exchange.

Tell me that legislators and business does not let this figure influence
them all.

>>Depends on how they set up the law, of course, but in CA it's as follows:
>>
>(snip)
>
>butŠ
>when i lived in california, i thought anything more than 20 years old was
>exempt, not so or no longer so?
>joe

Tom Howard

72 GT6