Re: Green TR3A's?

To: rwg1@cornell.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Green TR3A's?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:53:18 -0800
In message <199512121755.MAA25790@postoffice2.mail.cornell.edu> "Roger Garnett"
writes:
> Why is it, that in just about every book, catalogue, magazine, and web page
> that I can find with a picture of a TR3A, the car is RED? Since I got my car,
> which will be green, with white top, I've been looking everywhere I can think
> of a similar picture for inspiration. They're all bl---y red! What's the
> deal?

Hi Roger!
Both the TR books I own have a green TR on the dust jacket.  The Original TR has
a BRG TR, & the other one has an apple green TR on the dust cover.

I seem to be contributing to the over abundance of signal red TR3As.  Mine was
chevy white when I got it and as part of my restoration project I returned it to
its original factory colour...signal red.  Now if the rest of the people with
red cars would return them to their original factory colours there would
probably be a lot less red ones.

I do believe that BRG is one of the best two colours for a TR3.  If mine wasn't
originaly red it would have ended up BRG.

Have you considered a black top?  The white may look a bit out of place with
BRG.  One of the nicest BRG TR3As I have seen had a black hard top on it.  It
was a nice combination.

take care & I hope your project goes a lot faster than mine and has fewer
problems with the "professionals".

TeriAnn

twakeman@apple.com