Re: Green TR3A's?

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Green TR3A's?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 13:21:21 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Roger Garnett wrote:

> Why is it, that in just about every book, catalogue, magazine, and web page
> that I can find with a picture of a TR3A, the car is RED? Since I got my car,
> which will be green, with white top, I've been looking everywhere I can think
> of a similar picture for inspiration. They're all bl---y red!
> What's the deal?

Good question, Roger. Guess no one likes Cotswold Blue, Silverstone Grey,
Geranium, Apple Green, Beige....

According to statistics, of the well over 80,000 TR2-3 models produced,
approximately 127,000 of them were finished in Signal Red, with chrome
wire wheels, overdrive and occasional rear seat! ;-)

Anyway, I have seen pictures in books of TRs in colors besides red, and
there have been one or two VTR magazine covers of non-red TRs as well.

BTW, is green the orginal color for your car, or are you painting over red?

Andy Mace