Re: Green TR3A's?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Green TR3A's?
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 14:53:34 -500
Comments: Authenticated sender is <rwg1@postoffice2.mail.cornell.edu>
TeriAnn Wakeman writes:

> I do believe that BRG is one of the best two colours for a TR3.  If mine
>wasn't
> originaly red it would have ended up BRG.

Well, I'm never one to care a lick what the original colour was, but in this
case, it was indeed green. As I'm short of green cars at the moment, it will
continue to be so.

> Have you considered a black top?  The white may look a bit out of place with
> BRG.

The included white top, while slightly aged, hasn't even been installed yet.
Baring problems, that's what I'll use. And, I do like white on green

> take care & I hope your project goes a lot faster than mine and has fewer
> problems with the "professionals".

As I don't plan on any parting with any of my scarce funds to finance
professionals childrens educations, the speed or restoration, and lack there
of, will be soley my own fault.

Andy sez:
> According to statistics, of the well over 80,000 TR2-3 models produced,
> approximately 127,000 of them were finished in Signal Red, with chrome
> wire wheels, overdrive and occasional rear seat! ;-)

Sounds about right. Mine will likley continue to sport steel wheels in the
forseeable future, and does have the rear seat. Sadly, no overdrive tranny,
unless I steal the one from the Peerless.

Roger