New TR6 owner

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New TR6 owner
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 08:55:28 -0800
> My concern is that the whole car flexes when I have it on stands, such
that the
> doors will not open/close.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hate to say it, but you should of RAN AWAY from this one too!  The frame
fix your referring to is for the the rear mounting brackets.  Sounds to me
(sorry to say ) a new or good used frame is in order.  Don't even try to fix
this one.  Used frames can be found, and even new (read expensive) frames
can be purchased.  It just depends on what you expect from this project-but
I wouldn't even attempt to fix the frame you describe, and I would
DEFINITELY not drive it!  Congrats? on your new purchase, hope it was what
you expected!  You have a really big project to undergo-and it can be done,
I just hope it's everything you thought it was and this is no big
suprise/dissapointment-

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+