Re: '65 Triumph Spitfire4 - Lots of Q's

To: eburger@sagelink.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '65 Triumph Spitfire4 - Lots of Q's
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:37:29 -0500
:Yes, the 4 is for Four Cylinders, as opposed to three (joke).  But what you
have is more of a piece of history, than an automobile. I also have a 65
Spit.  Bad body etc.  I put in an uprated 1500 and late model transmission.
 An abomination to the true restoationists.  But I figured the car was too
far gone to restore, so I built it to have fun.   Wow, does it go!
 Suspension and drive train are great, but the interior and the body (the
expensive part of the picture) are real bad.  My car is not only a piece of
history (and and piece of junk) but a minor investment, since here in
California it is exempt from the smog police (65 or older is the rule).  I
was offered $900 dollars for the registration.  I only paid $350, and then
sold stuff that was in the trunk for $200.

Have fun.

Brian

65 Spit
79 Spit (1st place in class at 1996 Autumn Classic, Santa Cruz, CA)
63 Consul Capri (real rare and interesting)