'65 Triumph Spitfire4 - Lots of Q's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '65 Triumph Spitfire4 - Lots of Q's
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 11:24:56 -0500
Hello all!  I just bought a 1965 Triumph Spitfire4 (Whats the 4 for?  The
cylinders?) for $400.  Its in reall
bad shape.  Its not that much better than a parts car!  Well, heres whats wrong
with it and a few questions I
have.  If anyone could offer suggestions that'd be cool.

The Frame was welded on wrong.  Its right now in the body shop getting that
fixed.  My father and I wer going
to do this, but he knows the guy who owns the body shop so it'll be real cheap.

The body panel under the trunk is smashed in.  So bad the trunk wont close.
Could I just hammer this out or
do I need to invest in a new body panel?

The engine doesn't run.  Right now, it has no battery, but when it did the
engine would turn but never start.
Its been sitting for 10+ years, so that could explain something.  How would you
guys begin to attack this?

The paint on it is a cheesy blue color.  And to make it worse, a homedone
spraypaint job.  What were the
origional colors so I can change this?

Where can I get cheap parts?  This is going to be done as cheaply as possible,
so of anyone knows of some
cheap parts suppliers or any of them that are local to New Jersey/Philadelphia,
I'd appreciate it!

Ed
'65 Spitfire4