Re: Problems with new fuel (was Marvel Mystery Oil)

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>, Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Problems with new fuel (was Marvel Mystery Oil)
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 96 09:35:47 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Nov 13,  8:50am, Gregory Petrolati wrote:

>         I don't think it's a good Idea... Isopropil is alcohol mixed with
>         water.

Ummmm, sorry Greg, my old friend.  Isopropyl is an alcohol
in its own right - its just a longer chain alcohol than
ethanol or methanol.  Its often sold as "gas tank de-icer"
in the northern parts of the country.  I prefer it to
ethanol for this purpose and usually have a couple of
cans in the garage.  You do need to be careful not to use
too much, though.

later,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU