Re[2]: Problems with new fuel (was Marvel Mystery Oil)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Problems with new fuel (was Marvel Mystery Oil)
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 96 08:37:14 EST
     Tho not a chemical engineer, I think that rubbing alcohol is
     essentially what is sold (a higher prices) as gas tank moisture
     remover...because alcohol tends to absorb water sufficiently to permit
     it to burn or pass through the engine as exhaust...

     I have frequently used the gas tank additive to protect against water
     build-up...and it seems to work(no water in my tanks) but I have never
     evaluated its use to clean the engine, plugs etc.  Perhaps the alcohol
     (and water) acts to de-coke the engine much as raw water, when fed
     through the carbs, is said to do.

     I'm interested in seeing more dialog on this point.

     Cheers!

     PMQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6