Engine oil weight - TR3

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine oil weight - TR3
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 06:17:38 EST
As a new owner of a TR3, I am curious about the groups preference for
engine oil weight.  I know it will be determined by your local
temperatures, but I am interested in hearing if anyone has developed a
preference or have experience for single grades over multigrades or vice
versa.

I live in New Jersey.  The car will not see  startup or storage
temperatures below 40°F, even if I take it out during the winter because
the garage is attached and stays a little warm.  I am contemplating using
a straight 30 or 40 wt.  Anyone with experience out there?

Thanks in advance.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A TS69032L