Re: Engine oil weight - TR3

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Engine oil weight - TR3
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:19:42 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I agree with the 20W-50 weight for TR's.   I changed oil soon after
acquiring my TR6, used 10W-30, and wondered what had happened to my
motor!  The oil pressure had dropped considerably.  The british car
dealer/ restorer from whom I had purchased it told me to switch back to
20W-50, as that was the original weight of oil recommended for these
cars.  I did, and have had excellent oil pressure since.

Robert Carley
73 TR6 CF5713U