TR6 Dashboard

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Dashboard
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 19:38:21 -0500
As a winter project I am refinishing the dashboard of my 1970 TR6.  I
have removed the dash from the car.  The old veneer and glue is off, and
the board has been sanded in prep of the new veneer.  I have ordered
what I hope is a quality walnut veneer to glue to the prepared
dashboard.  I am looking for advice on how to finish the veneer once it
is glued to the board.  The original finish on the TR6's was non-gloss
or matte.  Any suggestions on the use of varnish or polyurethane and
how to apply to the veneer would be greatly appreciated.

todd sigety
1970 TR6