Re: SYNTHETIC OIL

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: SYNTHETIC OIL
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:44:37 EST
Cc: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:30:45 -0500 JoeSimcoe@aol.com writes:
>That would probably be the article in Consumer Reports - the magazine
>for the lowest common denominator...>>
>
>No, actually it was either a 6-pack, VTR or other Brit Car article.
>
>I don't want to start a ruckus, my point is only that short of racing
>the
>cars, the types of driving that the vast majority of us do with our
>cars -
>will not cause significant engine wear irregardless of the brand/type
>oil we
>use.
>
>Joe

Considering the proven advantages of synthetic oil and the time and money
most of us put into our toys, why would you use anything less than the
best?  I have a feeling that my wife driving four miles each way to work
5 days a week is more abusive to her XJ6 than racing it.  I'll stay with
synthetics.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)