Synthetic Oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Synthetic Oil
From: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 18:57:58 -0600
I agree with the conjecture that synthetic oil is much superior to
standard oil.  There was some discussion as to why not to use it in
Mazda rotary engines.  It's my understanding as an RX-7 owner that
it's due to the combustion (or lack thereof) properties of synthetic.
In the rotary, a small amount of oil is sent down the intake to keep
the seals lubricated.  I used synthetic and gummed up my spark plugs.
I discovered that conventional wisdom with rotaries is to use
dinosaur based stuff because it burns better...  For LBC's I would
think synthetic would be the thing to use (unless your engine burn
oil).

Tony Drews
'85 RX-7
TR-3 or TR-4 eventually